چهارشنبه، مرداد ۲۱، ۱۳۸۳

ROBERT MCNAMARA

For many years we call Soosk, Sam Peckinpah
For many years we call Soosk, Wilkinson
For many years we call Soosk, Bademjoon


These phrases sound familiar for the people who have lived with BABA even for a short time.

Yesterday at break time I was sitting with my colleagues, James and Allen. They were chatting.
James said he have bought a book about Cuba Missiles Crises. He continued that the book is about the conversation between J.F.K and Jerry McNamara.
I knew McNamara’s first name was not jerry, so I told James: “His first name was Robert not Jerry”. He said, “Yes, you are right.” Then, Allen and James, both looked at me as they were looking at a very clever and intellectual person, and then asked me “How do you know about McNamara?” I looked at them wisely and pretended that I know everything, but honestly I know nothing about history and politics, I have never heard about Cuba missiles crises. The only thing that I know about McNamara is that “For many years we call Soosk Robert McNamara.”

I should mention that James is in his fifties and Allen is in his sixties and I bet both think I am in my early twenties. As you see, it’s very unusual that an Iranian girl in my age knows first name of secretary of defence of America in 1962. Now they believe that I am a very well educated person.

For those who don’t know McNamara, I should say that Cuba Missiles Crises happened in 1962, during cold war. McNamara was the secretary of defence of America at that time.

See, Vincenzo, I have learnt a lot from you and your nonsenses.



P.S.
I learnt all these information about Cuba missiles crises at that night at home by surfing in Internet. Don’t assume me an intellectual girl, please.